I’ve been on the hunt for the best happy hours in Savannah for the past six months. Living in a tourist town can be hard when drinks are pricey and you’re on a college budget, but drink specials can be your best friend.
Most of these places below are between Broughton Street and River Street, so they’re walkable if you’re downtown or bar hopping!
Happy (responsibly) drinking!
- Barrel House South. Happy hour from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (all night Tuesday), BOGO $1 drinks. Located in City Market and my friends and I’s favorite spot. Personally, I love their moscow mules, and the trick is to get a double for only a $1 more.
- Whitaker’s. Happy hour from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday on select cocktails, wine, and drafts. On Saturdays and Sundays, they have $1 mimosas from 12 to 4 p.m. My favorite drink is either their Whitaker’s Cosmo or Collins. The atmosphere is great, and you can’t pass up a game of Jenga with friends, (or pool—there’s a room in the back). Located right off of River Street on Whitaker Street.
- The Grove. Happy hour from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday: $2 off house-made cocktails, 50% off wine by the glass, $2 off appetizers, and $1 off Southbound Brewing and Service Brewery Beers. My favorite is their limoncello breeze or Joel Gott red blend. Located in the heart of City Market!
- Lizzy’s Tequila Bar and Grill. I’m not sure if they have a distinct happy hour time, but they always have $5 margaritas ($1 extra for flavor) and they are delicious—we’re always going back for more.
- Ordinary Pub. Happy hour Monday to Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. then again from 10 p.m. to close. And every day (including weekends) they have $12 bottomless mimosas from 10 a.m. (11 a.m. Sundays) to 4 p.m. They’re located (underneath, you’ll see) Broughton Street.
- Savannah Taphouse. Happy hour from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday. They have different deals every day and located right on Broughton Street.
- World of Beer. Happy hours from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday and 10 p.m. to close Sunday to Thursday. They have $3 and $4 draughts, $5 spirits, $5 shareables (food), and $6 wine by the glass. Every day they have $6 cocktails, their margarita is my favorite. Located conveniently on Broughton Street, as well!
- Rail Pub. Happy hour from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday to Sunday and all day Monday. BOGO $1 drinks, and $5 pitchers Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Tandem Coffee & Spirits. $10 bottomless mimosas Monday to Saturday 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. and on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can add any juice to your mimosas besides orange juice… guava is my favorite! Can’t beat this deal—perfect to go after brunch with the girls or breakfast with your family. Located on Bay Street, walking distance from a variety of restaurants and bars!
These are just a few of my favorites, and feel free to leave your favorites in the comments!