As some of you are letting sighs engulf you once realizing another Monday has snuck up on us, others are probably enjoying a delicious breakfast. Whether your liking is chocolate chip pancakes, over-easy eggs, or a simple whole grain cereal… your mouth will be watering at the sight of these muffins.
the past weekend I vamped up my favorite blueberry muffin recipe. These little vegan bites are perfect for lazy Sunday mornings, or grab-and-goes on your busy Mondays.
I added a squeeze of lemon to the mix and a sprinkle of a lavender lemon glaze after baking. I have been head-over-heels obsessed with lavender lately after making lavender lemon bars (that are to die for).
Pair with your favorite pulpy orange juice on an easy Sunday morning or a large cup of joe to get you through the week ahead… Happy baking!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla or lemon extract
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp ground lavender
- Preheat the oven to 375º
- Cream the oil and sugar for a couple of minutes
- Add the vinegar, vanilla
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder (Do not skip this step! It’ll help prevent crumbly muffins)
- Add to the creamed mixture alternating with almond milk
- Fold in the blueberries
- Line the muffin tin with muffins tins, and scoop in batter
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Let cool for 30 minutes before drizzling on glaze